How to Cook Oats Zaatar Cookies
How to cook at home Oats Zaatar Cookies and make them the best healthy snacks and the perfect aperitivo’s friend
What you need?
- 250g Oats flakes
- ½ Teaspoon baking powder or yeast
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 50g Butter
- 75ml Hot water
- 30ml Olive oil
- 100gsm Zaatar (thyme powder)
- Paper butter
- Rolling pin
- Baking tray
How to master your Oats Zaatar Dough ?
- In a mixer, add in steps, oats, and butter, this step will transform the oats flakes into powder
- Add the baking powder and salt, mix with your hands
- Add the hot water slowly until smooth dough
- Add Olive Oil
- If your dough is too soft, add more powder Oats Flakes (just mix Oats Flakes in the mixer)
- If your dough is too dry, if it breaks in your hands, you can add more olive oil
How to Cook your Oats Zaatar Cookies?
- Take out and make a ball. I place it between two sheets of baking paper to roll it out with rolling pin, very thin (2mm)
- Stamp out circles and place on a baking paper
- Cook at 200C for 15mn.
- Let cool a bit and finish cooling on rack.
How to Serve your Oats Zaatar Cookies
- These delicacies are your ideal all day snack
- You can also double the quantities for last minute friend’s aperitivo. They pair perfectly with, smoked salmon, Labneh or orange marmalade