How to prepare a homemade Pesto Sauce
How to recycle your Basil plants and prepare a delectable Pesto Sauce
Pesto Sauce Recipe FoodArtConcept
What you need?
- 1 cup of fresh Basil leaves
- ½ cup of olive oil (add more if needed)
- ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of toasted Pine Seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- A pinch or 2 of Sumac
- Salt to taste
- Glass jam pot – to conserve for a day or 3
- Ice cube container
How to master your Pesto Sauce?
- In the mixer add the Basil, olive oil, Parmesan, garlic and Pine Seeds
- Do it in steps so it does not get stuck in the mixer
- You will probably need to add more olive oil
- Add salt to taste
How to conserve the Pesto Recipe for a week or so?
- Once mixed you can conserve this preparation in a Glass jam pot, in the fridge
- If you have a bigger quantity of Basil: mix all ingredient except the garlic and parmesan (they don’t freeze well)
- Pour the mixture in Ice cube containers
- Freeze overnight
- Once ready empty them in freezer bags
Next time you want to use your Pesto Sauce, all you need is to defreeze and now you can add the garlic and the Parmesan.
We love Pesto Sauce yet we wanted to add a pinch of sour; this is why we mixed it with Sumac. Add Sumac to taste, if you are freezing the Pesto Sauce; add it at the Parmesan and garlic’s stage.
If you need any help, drop us a line or contact us directly.