What ? Yes Okra Pickles ! Believe us once you try them, you and your guests will keep asking for them. This Okra Pickles Recipe is perfect for your aperitivo or even a snack.
What do you need ?
- 2 kg of Okra – Asian origin – Meduim sized
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large spoon of salt – ideally pink or seasalt
- 3 garlic clove -unpealed
- 1 small shallot
- Pinch of Pepper Grain, Pink Peppercorn and Cloves
- 1 or 2 Bay Leaves
- Metal spatula
- Wood chop board
- 1 big pickle jar or 2 medium sized
- Kitchen towel
How to master your Okra Pickles Set up ? (10min)
- Quickly wash the pickles in a drainer
- It will avoid from being soaked in water
- Do not cut the top stem
- It will avoid the gluey substance to develop
- Prepare your Jars (clean)
- Spatula and wood chop board on the side
How to prepare the pickle mixture ? (15min)
- Use a pot
- Add all ingredients
- Heat until mixture start boiling
- Do not let it boil too long – vinegar will evaporate
How to pack the Okra Pickles Jar ?
- Set your wood chop board
- Hug the jars with the kitchen towel
- Let them sit on the spatula
- It will avoid from cracking
- Press some Okra at the bottom of the jar
- Alternate, Okra, pickle mixture
- Repeat until end of quantities
- Press as you go and avoid leaving space
- Might need to use your hands to help the Okras sit properly
- Let is rest (1 hour )
- Safeguard in the fridge
Okra Pickles will reach maturity within 10 – 15 days.
You can replace the okra with Yellow, Red Pepper and apply the same steps.
- For these vegetables, you will need to clean them, and empty the seeds
Follow us on social media and check how we added our food styling touch.