What you need ?
- 1 kg of long green peppers
- ½ kg of yogurt
- 2 pressed garlic
- 2 medium sized shallots
- ½ cup of Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Paprika or fresh chili to taste
- A pinch of one of your favorite seasonal herbs:
- Mint, Oregano, Rosemary or Thyme
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Paper butter (keeps your oven trays clean)
How to master the green pepper peeling? 30 min
- Pre-heat your oven at 180C
- Wash the green pepper
- Display the paper butter and align the peppers
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Flip the green pepper from time to time
- Once ready, display them in a pot and cover them
- The condensation will smooth the skin’s peeling
- Let it rest and check after 20 – 30 min
- Peel the green pepper, clean and discard the inside seeds
How to prepare the green pepper marination? 10 min
- Mix Balsamic, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper to taste
- Display the green peppers in a rectangular shaped recipient (5cm depth)
- Add the prepared marination and let it rest in the fridge overnight
- If you don’t have time, couple of hours in the fridge will suffice
How to prepare the yogurt mixture? 10 min
- Mix yogurt, garlic and finely chopped shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste – but taste the marination before you add those
How to set up the final dish?
- In a long shaped recipient, gently mix your overnight marination with the yogurt mixture
- Let is rest for an hour or two before serving
Serve it with some toasted brown bread or with Arabic pita bread…spread some pomegranate on the top and you all set for a light, healthy Yogurt Green Pepper Recipe.
For more creative cooking ideas click here.
No comments yet.